ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
The QAGOMA Collection Education Resource features artworks from the Collection of the Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA).
The resource allows you to create a customised worksheet that can be used in the classroom as a stand-alone tool, and also to prepare students for self-guided visits to the Gallery to view works on display*.
The resource features:
- artwork profiles organised by Collection area theme and teaching level
- sub-themes to further refine your selection
- artwork images plus short artist biographies and information about the artworks
- suggested discussion questions and activities
- a glossary of art terms
- Teacher notes with curriculum information
Warning: It is customary in many Indigenous communities not to mention the name or reproduce photographs of the deceased. All such mentions and photographs in this resource have been reproduced with permission. However, care and discretion should be exercised in using this resource within Indigenous communities.
*Please note: Some works may not be on display during your visit to the Gallery. Display status is indicated with each artwork profile.