ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
This Indigenous Australian Art Education Resource features artworks from the Collection of the Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA).
The resource allows you to create a customised worksheet that can be used in the classroom as a stand-alone tool, and also to prepare students for self-guided visits to the Gallery to view works on display*.
The resource features.
- artwork profiles organised by theme and teaching level, each including an image and short artist bio
- suggested discussion questions and activities
- a glossary of key Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art terms
- Teacher notes with curriculum information
- Map with regions of Indigenous Australia
For more information on scheduling a class visit to the Gallery
Warning: It is customary in many Indigenous communities not to mention the name or reproduce photographs of the deceased. All such mentions and photographs in this resource have been reproduced with permission. However, care and discretion should be exercised in using this resource within Indigenous communities.
*Please note: Some works may not be on display during your visit to the Gallery. Display status is indicated with each artwork profile.